Friday, December 7, 2012

Personal Learning Summary


I want to tell you about myself before I began my studies in America. I was thinking how can I be comfortable with a different culture and also how can I make the study proportionate or applied when I return to Saudi Arabia. In Saudi Arabia using the traditional method in the process of explaining the lesson or the teacher must follow the lesson plan developed by the Ministry of Education. At present our education is moving towards the integration of technical educational stage and this was approved scholarship for teachers to continue their studies outside Saudi Arabia for the purpose of development of the teaching process.

According to EME 5050, what I learned the most from this course was new for me. I have improved my level in more than a skill and I also added the knowledge in different ways from the techniques. The students have grown up with the current technology and teachers should find ways for students to explore what helps them to pay attention and support their development of learning. From here I will remember what I learned from the course:

Diigo and Twitter gave me a lot of opportunity access to resources to support the curriculum, which made me constantly access the most important developments in technology.

My Blog is like a magazine for teachers, I am impressed by this idea and make it back up for the semester. My Blog is one of the ways in which teachers can share their knowledge from several sources.

I consider that the lesson plan of web page is the most important and the best way to start creating a curriculum page for the classroom. I think to create a Web page you need use your experience to organize information from start target selection, and also who is meeting with objective number the NETS-S and Sunshine state-standard so students can complete the project by following the lesson plan step-by-step.

Digital storytelling is one activity, but the benefits can make it easier to develop skills more effectively. I would activate and integrate into my own classroom. There are a number of reasons why this is so. I found the digital storytelling allows students to:

1. Write, read, and speak                  2. Work together.
3. Use their Knowledge                    4.  Help to develop language skills.
5. Make decisions.                            6. Understand texts.
7. Solve problems.                            8. Spent Time.
9. Pay attention better.                      10. Share.

I never use the rubric before in my classroom, but I find it a good way to measure the level of students and developed continuously and at the same time the student can control the level and developed through follow rubric.

In the curriculum for the classroom first thing I will do after return to Saudi Arabia to activate technology within the classroom. I love how the participation of students from downloading files, resources, projects, and also links communication between the teacher, students, and their parents. I think it is very important for the current generation of technology integration in the classroom, also and how important that students find all the information on one page. On the end of curriculum page I found several of advantages:

  •         Teachers focus on the development of the learner in high-level thinking.
  •        Provide other sources for students to develop their mental and intellectual skills.
  •       Gain time for the teacher and the student so they can get all the information on one page, and can also move between resources just click on the link.
  •      Increase gains experience for students through a review of resources to strengthen the learning in the classroom.
  •       Students can solve problems easily.
  •       Teacher can download and update files on the web page at any time.
  •     Students can find the lesson content in a single page and can also transition from   one page to another with just one click on the link.
  •      Teacher can submit important homework assignments and schedule deadlines for students on that web page along with receiving their homework assignments as well.
  •       Students can discuss anything with the teacher at any time and also answer their questions.
  •      Parents of students can contact the teacher as well as follow up with the educational level of their students and encourage them to develop through the web page.
  •       Teacher and student can share the idea, as well as Video, Media, pictures, and links.
  •       Help keep students safe. 

I really enjoyed this course, of course I will apply what I've learned from this class in my classroom, and also I will keep going to learn more on my program. I know I may have not covered all the information I have learned in this course, but then again I still have a lot more to learn about being a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment